Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cherry blossom baby shower ideas







The past few months I've been busy with planning my best friends baby shower. Her theme was cherry blossoms which I absolutely loved. It was so fun to look on line and come up with do-it-yourself ideas.

Some of the things that we did for her shower were paper pom-poms, cherry blossom branches for centerpieces along with cute paper fans. They were fairly easy to make and it didn't cost much. Here's a tip ....... see what resources you have among your friends and family. The vases we used for the centerpieces were from a friends wedding that she had used as centerpieces which she saved from 4 years ago. Also, the branches were bought at a discount floral supply store (shinodas) and I just glued punched paper flowers to them. I did have to buy the flower punch, but I used a Michaels coupon so I got it for 40% off and the paper was on sale.

When it comes down to it, it's about looking for deals and taking advantage of coupons and using discount stores.

Here are some links to used to get the ideas for this baby shower.
Pom-poms:
http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/paper-pom-poms-diy-wedding-decor/

http://kinsereventcompany.blogspot.com/2010/04/diy-tissue-pom-poms-and-napkin-rings.html

Paper fans: (picture not shown)
http://blog.myweddingreceptionideas.com/2011/02/how-to-incorporate-cherry-blossom.html

Centerpieces:
http://curbly.com/diy-maven/posts/6360-how-to-make-a-branch-of-paper-cherry-blossoms

Cupcakes inspired by:
http://www.pepperdesignblog.com/?p=5168

Photos by:
http://www.davidchegemedia.com

No comments: