Saturday, April 3, 2010

So today I will bake

So today or should I say later today (it's 12:30am), I will be making my first batch of cupcakes from scratch thanks to my Martha Stewart Cupcake book. I decided just to do random recipes, so I'm gonna start with the yellow buttermilk cupcakes with fluffy vanilla frosting. I'm hoping they come out good considering I'm making them for Easter. I have family coming over on Sunday and I would like to make a good impression.

On a side note, I'm just thinking out loud here ..... does anyone else daydream about having a "Martha Stewart Holiday"? As I flip through her creative and wonderful ideas in her magazine or on her website, I imagine myself doing these things .... I know .... I'm a nut. I also imagine myself throwing a lunch or dinner party that only the queen of entertaining can do. I like the idea of using real cloth napkins verses using paper ones or using regular dinner plates verses plastic plates or even having a "themed" dessert table instead of having saran wrapped desserts placed on a table w/no pretty presentation. Call me crazy. It's something that I would love to do one day. Oh and don't forget the color coordinated themed decorations around the house .... that is a must! I guess a girl can only dream :0) So I guess for now, for this Easter Sunday a semi-okay dessert table, some hand made paper egg garland, and a vase with fresh flowers will have to do.

Until next time ...... may you all have a blessed Easter. And remember the true meaning of Easter, it's not about bunnies and chicks, or how well your home looks with festive decorations ..... It's about CHRIST the risen KING.

1 comment:

Chocolate or Not? said...

I know that daydream VERY well!!! :0)